Aviation Accident Attorneys in North Carolina
Winston-Salem Commercial Plane Crash Lawyers
If you or a loved one was severely injured or killed in a commercial plane crash, contact the Winston-Salem, North Carolina, law firm of Comerford & Britt. We have long experience with the investigation and proof of the complex facts necessary to establish liability against the defendants in airline or charter service accidents.
The trial attorneys of Comerford & Britt can represent the victims and surviving families of those killed in aviation accidents anywhere in the country. We have successfully represented clients in commercial aircraft disasters involving long-range commercial airliners, smaller charter or local service planes, helicopters, and even the space shuttle Challenger disaster. We have also settled claims against the U.S. government under the Federal Tort Claims Act and against foreign state-owned air carriers and manufacturers under the Foreign Sovereign Immunities Act.
Senior partner Tom Comerford is an AV-rated* attorney with more than 6000 hours of flying experience. Flying his own plane, he can arrive at the scene of a commercial aviation accident immediately after engagement to help keep pace with the investigation being performed by the defendants' insurers.
Airlines have been known to strengthen their defense through the work of investigators posing as grief counselors and support group advisers whose function is to help promote early settlements for low amounts on wrongful death claims. In commercial aviation accidents, we make a prompt and thorough review of such factors bearing on liability as the following:
- FAA regulations and NTSB investigation protocols
- Safety checklists and failsafe sequences
- Pilot training logs, flying logs, and employment history
- Pilot error or negligence
- Aircraft inspection and maintenance logs
- Manufacturer's safety records
- Surface bulletins concerning weather
- Air traffic control performance
- Executive decisions at financially troubled airlines that might have overextended flight personnel or compromised safety
At Comerford & Britt, we accept all aviation accident cases on a contingent fee basis, and we also advance the often considerable expenses involved in making sure that your claims are properly investigated and presented. We only collect attorneys' fees and recover our expenses when we have achieved a favorable settlement or jury verdict on your behalf.
For a free consultation about your legal rights in the aftermath of a commercial aviation accident, contact an experienced lawyer at Comerford & Britt in Winston-Salem.
* CV, BV, and AV are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties, Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards, and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the Bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell Ratings evaluate two categories--legal ability and general ethical standards.